Ecker Center for Mental Health is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization serving people with mental illness. Services include:
- Emergency mental health assessment and assistance 24/7
- Problem focused therapy
- Advocacy, referral and linkage to needed services
- Psycho-social rehabilitation
- Intensive outpatient program
- Psychiatric serivces
- Residential facilities
- Access to Genoa Healthcare independent pharmacy - located inside our 1845 Grandstand Place building
- Services available in English, Spanish and several other languages
- Subsidized services are available to those living in northern Kane County or Hanover or Barrington township in Cook County
Due to our current lack of state funding, we have a waiting list for psychiatry services. You may contact Intake to be put on the psychiatry waiting list.
New clients must have funding through Medicare, Medicaid or insurance which we accept (please see Fees, Payment & Insurance tab).
If you are are interested in receiving services, please contact our Intake Coordinator
(847) 695-0484 x1898
Intake specialists are also available Monday through Friday from 1:00pm-4:00pm on a walk in basis, without an appointment.
For psychiatric emergencies, please call our Psychiatric Emergency Program (PEP)
or come to the program at the Advocate Sherman Hospital Emergency Department
1425 N. Randall Road
Elgin, IL 60123
(services available for adults, children & teens)